Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Thursday, November 21, 2013

"That is a perfect family"

5 March 1957
"I just came up from the Chief's Quarters, I was watching a movie down there. When I get back home again I'll take care of the children and you can go see the movies over in Chula Vista or where-ever you wish to go. I guess you really miss seeing them don't you?...It would be nice for you to have a large freezer outside and that way you could keep ice cream for a long time. Are you still using some of that groceries that I bought from the commissary store that I have stored under the sofa outside?...Just think, Sandra will be three (3) months old pretty soon...So take care of the little ones for me and give them each a big hug for old Daddy before you put them to bed. Aren't you glad that we have a boy and girl now. That is a perfect family."

No comments:

Post a Comment