Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Club Fuji?

7 February 1957
"Elmer Northrup died on 16 January. They found him dead in bed. Well I figured he would go that way. Well I am glad that I could make him feel good as much as I could. It always pays to be good to old people like that. They really appreciate that...I must tell you that I spent all nite in a Bar Room the other nite. Now don't get all shook up, I had Shore Patrol in Yokosuka, Japan and they sent myself and another Chief off of some Airoplane Carrier to the CLUB FUJI to take care of the place. So you can see that I was not out having a good time while you are back there slaving away for the children. I am pretty sure that you can trust me while I am over here. I must tell you that I did see some pretty terrible sights..."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment