Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

3 February 1957
"I had a watch last nite and it was very cold standing there out side all the time. I had on two pair of trousers and I had the under one tucked in my socks. That way I could keep the cold air from coming up under my trousers...I received one letter from you today telling me all about Sandra and where you took her to the clinic. I see that she is growing. So that means that she is getting the right things to eat...I went over the other nite and played some "Bingo" but I never won anything. I don't think that I will ever go over there again as it isn't the right sort of company for me to keep if you know what I mean...I think that my folks will be out to San Diego about next year about August or September. I wish that we would have our house by that time. Well who knows, maybe we will."
Katie and Martin with Ruth in their house in Chula Vista.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment