Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

"Sugar Daddy"

28 February 1957
"Now I'll bet you are saying to yourself "What did he do over in town that late". Well here is what I did...as I was walking down one of the streets, a girl called over to me and told me to come on over to her. So I figured that I knew what she wanted so I just led her on a bit. Well she wanted what you expected so I told her that I was broke and I would come back tomorrow nite. But you know that I wouldn't...I met another chief off the ship...and he and I went back to the CPO Club and played "Bingo" till about 11:00 PM...I did win a door prize. It was 5 little wooden dolls with the words, China, Burma, India, Japan, Korea on them so I just gave them to another chief off the ship for his little girl, as my little girl is not large enough to play with them...There is only one thing that I wish that you would do. Take care of your looks, remember people always think better of you if you are neat and clean and have hair fixed up a bit. Even a little makeup goes a long way. Don't take offense of what I said. I am only trying to help you."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment