Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Monday, November 11, 2013

27 January 1957
"Well I received a letter from you yesterday telling me all about the leaking trailer. Well I am certainly upset about it. I wish I was there to help you out someway. But I would suggest to get a hold of Hank the Trailer Man and get it fixed as soon as possible...You know I never gave it a thought when I was home. But I guess that I am just plain lazy...I arrived here in Japan yesterday morning...we will leave here for Sasebo, Japan...then we go to Hong Kong, China. Of course all this is confidential, so you don't have to tell everybody about it...Are you eating the right sort of food while I am away. I know that you are a good one at making sandwiches for yourself, but remember that the little ones have to eat something better once in a while."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment