Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Saturday, November 16, 2013

12 February 1957
"I just finished writing to the folks in Illinois...How is Timmy? Does he miss me or doesn't he seem to think about me.  I guess I'll be a new Daddy to him when I come home...Is Sandra sleeping better now since you are feeding her some of that solid food. I really hope so as I know what you are going through for me back there. But I hope that I can make it up to you someway for all the things that you are doing back there...Well Honey, I must sign off for this time but I'll be thinking of you and the little ones when I go to sleep tonite and every nite...Say goodnite to Timmy and Sandra for me. I sure wish that I was there. Just six months left before I will be home again."
"The folks in Illinois", Katie and Martin Gerdes circa 1943

No comments:

Post a Comment