Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Friday, November 22, 2013

9 March 1957
"I was over to the club the other nite and had a hamburger steak and a couple of cups of tea for 70 cents...I'd sure like to see the kids, you too as far as that goes. But I guess you will look pretty for me when I come home. I mean that you will have your hair all fixed up and dressed like a queen by the time we come back there. How is old Timmy coming along with his talking? I hope that by the time I get back there you will have him talking like a demon. I just can't wait till I can hear him talk to me. Won't that be nice...I think that we will arrive in San Diego in August 1957...then we head for the Navy Yard up in Long Beach...then head for the Far East (Japan) again...I hope that I don't have to go over seas again before I get my 20 years in."

Note: Buss will have to go overseas again. He will be on the Ajax when it tours the Far East in 1958 for 6 months. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment