Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Thursday, October 17, 2013

"THIS IS THE LAST LETTER FROM HERE"

24  January 1953
"I sure hope that we have smooth seas on the way back to the States. I hear that the Roanoke had about one whole week of rough seas. Well I'll take anything on this trip as I know that I will be home when I get to where I am going. Won't that be wonderful when we get together again...Then we can really smooch...I'll be home soon and I will try and be a very good husband to you. I mean if you want to look at some hats or dresses, I'll stay right with you...You be sure and dress warm enough to stand the cold that you will have to stand waiting there on the dock. Well Babe, I'll be looking for you when we come in, so long babe...Your Loving Husband, Buss"


 

No comments:

Post a Comment