Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Thursday, October 3, 2013

28 December 1952

"Well we only have thirty nine (39) days to wait till I get home again. Just like you say, "that will be a great day"...I am glad to hear that you had a chance to go to church on Sunday before Xmas...We are going to have services on New Years day this year too. Will you be thinking of me at 12:00 New Years Eve...When ever I don't have anything else to do I just get out the book on house plans and look them over and do some wishing. I have a couple houses all picked out...I figure it might as well be what we want as we will have it for a long time. I even looked at some plans with three bedrooms in them. You can never tell how things turn out when I get going on that family of ours. What if we can't stop having them...I hope that you can get pregnant when I get home this time as it is getting late in life for the both of us."
Ruth and Buss in his parent's home-circa 1950

 

No comments:

Post a Comment