Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Thursday, October 24, 2013

"...finally got my orders to shore duty."

13 May 1953
"Darling: First of all, I am going to call you when I get back into port again. Yes, I finally got my orders to shore duty. I will go to Bainbridge, Md for school for about six weeks then I will be stationed in Chicago for Recruiting Duty...I am certainly glad that it is around home, that way we can get a free meal every once in a while. Only kidding of course...I really did miss you when I was in Hollywood last week end. I know that you always did like to see the things that I saw while there. But maybe some day we will be able to go there to live together for always...Mr. Holt told me that he sure hated to see me leave for his sake but for my sake he was very glad. So I guess that I still have friends in the Navy somewhere...It won't be long till I will be with you for about two whole years. Maybe we can have a baby in that time...I could hardly sleep last nite. I was thinking of you most of the nite."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment