Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Monday, October 21, 2013

7 May 1953
"Well here we are in San Diego again...The old SPERRY is still setting out there where it has been for the past few years...Boy seeing this place again sure recall some fond memories that we had together when we were here...I am going to see Harry at the Skyline Trailer Park. Then if I get the chance I may drop over to see Swede Larson and his family. Well I only wish that I could have seen you on the dock when I cane in to this place today...I tried to write you several times but I just could not find the words to say...Mr. Reeder came aboard when we first came in today. You see he left the ship on the East coast. I am sure glad to see him back again...I am going to call up Downings. You remember the chief that I worked for on the SPERRY...I hope that you are taking care of yourself while I am away. Eat plenty and don't skimp on your breakfast."
San Diego Naval Station


No comments:

Post a Comment