Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Sunday, October 13, 2013

At Sea on the way to Oran, Morrocco

16 January 1953
"I just finished playing a couple of the fellows checkers and I won every one except one which I tied. So maybe I am getting better in my old age...the Ship's Store operator has a sample of some Jean Patous powder. I asked him if I could have it...along with some lipstick so I think that I will make out OK by not buying you some. I have some sample bottles of this Molinard perfume which you said that you wanted...Some of the fellows think that I am cheap by taking all I can get for nothing like I do. Well I don't care what they say, I know that you will like anything that I will bring you...You told me that you might wear that black dress, I mean that velvet one...I will know you anywhere as I will be looking for you, not someone else's wife...Gee Whiz, I sure will be happy when I see you this time, just think 5 whole months with out seeing you just once..."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment