Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Friday, October 18, 2013

26 April 1953
"Here I am writing letters to you. That time in the States sure did go fast didn't it? Thanks a lot for coming on down to the dock and seeing me off for the west coast. I sure did get a lot of compliments on that dress and hat of yours...That was certainly nice of you to take care of that little girl on the dock when we pulled out. You should have heard all the people telling me about that. The husband of the girl that you were taking care of on the dock came up to me and wanted me to personally thank you...I understand that we will arrive in Panama on the morning of the 28th. Then we will take all day to pass through the canal and stop on the other side for two days liberty. I don't think that I will go ashore as I never lost anything over there when we were here the last time..."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment