Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Friday, October 25, 2013

17 May 1954
"Gosh, I can't think of anything else except getting transferred. Oh yes, I think of you too...I sure hope that no one else reads these letters. Did I ever tell you about the fellow on here that got a letter from his wife, which was intended for another man which she had been seeing while he was over in the Med. You see she had gotten her letters mixed when she put them in the envelope. I wrote a letter to a lawyer for him asking for a divorce...I'm sure glad that I have a wife like you. You sure treat me good. You don't drink or smoke or run around like many of the others do. Like I say, when we get settled down in Chicago, we will get a television set. I know that you will like to have one, won't you...Take it easy "Chief". By the way, I did not make chief this time. Better luck next time."
Buss and Ruth's trailer in Blue Island, Illinois where they are stationed next.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment