Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

19 July 1957
"Our little trip over here is nearly over with. I was over last nite doing the last bit of shopping that I have to do. I bought a few things for my wife. I hope that she appreciates the things which I have purchased for her. I even bought Timmy something to play with...Boy is this place ever hot...I have been sleeping up on the top side for the last couple of nites. I took a cot out of the storeroom and now I have it put away for myself and myself only. A lot of the people ask me where I got it from, and I just tell them that I am a storekeeper and that is all it takes...I got out the pictures of Sandra and Timmy that I had painted again today just to look at them for a while. I showed them to a couple of chiefs and they think that I have a couple of good looking children."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment