Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Monday, December 30, 2013

13 July 1957
"Well I had the misfortune of getting my toenails trimmed while sleeping the other nite. I guess it may sound foolish to you but this is what happened. During the nite sometime I accidentally stuck my foot in the electric fan which I have installed at the foot of my bunk. Man did I ever wake up then. I felt my toe and I could not feel any blood so I just went back to sleep again. Well, later on in the morning, I stuck the same toe back in the fan. Boy was I fit to be tied. So I just got up and put my socks on...later in the day, I noticed that my toe did not feel any too well. So I took my sock off and looked at it in the light. Well I had a good size gash in the end of it and it was bleeding. So that is my story, believe it or not."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment