Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Saturday, December 14, 2013

"Your 'Daddy'"

14 May 1957
"So you flew back to Long Island. Well I don't blame you one bit as I guess it's better for the children...This way you can really enjoy yourself once in a while. Or don't you care for a Baby Sitter for the children...I sent Mom a little picture of Sandra. She said that they could not look at the picture enough which you had sent her. Well I think that we have a very beautiful daughter. I'll bet she won't have any trouble getting what she wants when she grows up???????????...I have to mail some packages as soon as I get paid. Well there goes my payday so I guess I'll have to stay aboard another two weeks. But I'll make out OK...PS: "Hello" Timmy and Sandra, I see that your back at your grandmother's place again...Be good now and go to bed when Mommy tells you to. Remember to eat plenty of good things to eat and then you will really grow up and be big and strong and good looking. Your "Daddy"."

Sandra and Timmy circa 1958

No comments:

Post a Comment