Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

"'fixed up'"

1 June 1957
"I doubt it very much if you remember the car that picked me up the last morning when we left San Diego. But the man driving that particular car was caught taking cigarettes ashore out here and he is restricted to the ship. He is a Chief. And on top of that he has been going ashore most nearly every nite since we have been here. So he got a letter from his wife the other day telling him that she was leaving him...So it don't pay to run around all the time. I guess I am the best afterall. Then another chief got a letter some time ago telling him that his wife was going to have a baby. Well he has two children now and this new one makes three. So he went over a couple of days ago and had himself "fixed up", if you know what I mean. I am never going to do that. I think we can control ourselves enough for that, don't you think so."

No comments:

Post a Comment