Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Sunday, December 8, 2013

19 April 1957
"Oh yes, I have twenty dollars to my name now. Ziegler paid me $14.50 that he owed me since I last seen him. So I am really rich now. Boy do I get the kidding on here about my money. Well they can laugh if they want to. I'll have the last laugh...Well I guess my storerooms are looking much better than they used to. The Captain inspected some of them today and told the storekeepers in charge of them that they could have a 48 over here. You know that means a lot to a sailor over here...If you have any more pictures of the children I would certainly like to see them. Now I don't want you to deprive yourself of them. But if you care to send some to me, I'd certainly love to see them...PS: Good nite Timmy, go to sleep for Mother. Be kind to your mother as she is a real nice and good Mother. Take care of Sandra for Daddy till he gets back."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment