Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Sunday, December 1, 2013

"Boy am I a proud Daddy"

26 March 1957
"Well I want to thank you for the wonderful pictures of Sandra which I received today. Boy is she a good looking little doll. I am really proud of her. She looks so bright. I am going to have a painted picture of her made over here on the beach...She certainly did grow since I last seen her. She was so tiny when I was home but now she is wide awake and so good looking. I guess she gets it straight from her Dad - - - - and mother. Gosh if she keeps that good looks up she will have to fight the boys away...I get sorta lonesome aboard this tub of bolts. So I just come up here and talk to you a while...[The painted picture] will cost me about $10.00 but I don't care. She is my daughter and nothing is too good for her...I am going to buy Timmy a little suit to wear and a bow tie. Won't he look cute in something like that...If it isn't too much to ask, would you send me a picture, I mean a late picture of Timmy too, PLEASE...Boy am I a proud Daddy."

No comments:

Post a Comment