Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Saturday, April 6, 2013

17 April 1950
Hi Babe:
I received your letter today. Was very glad to hear from you. I hope you hear from the movers soon. Does your mother mind coming down to take care of the furniture? I guess we will have to live in a room for at least till the furniture comes in.
I am glad to hear that you liked the dandelion that I sent you. I thought that you would like it. Now are you sure you have enough money? It will take quite a bit coming across country. I can let you have any amount that you want (within reason).
Well I had a good time last Sat nite. I went to the circus ($2.40) It was in a tent but not as big as the one we seen in N.Y. Then on Sunday I went to the zoo. Then I listened to an outside organ. Then I took the car back to the apt. On the way I stopped and watched a wedding procession.
The days are nice and warm but the nites are cool. You will need a blanket to sleep under. But I guess I could help to keep your little tootsies warm.
Well how is everyone in Baldwin? I guess they are still going strong with out our influence. I meant to write before tonite but did not take the time. So all I can say is "I'm sorry".
I usually come to the "Y" and do my writing. It seems to give me more inspiration. I walk up and down the street dodging sailors every foot. I think you will like it out here. I will probably settle down in this town.
Now when you come in I will try and meet you. But I may not be there on time. You see we are going to sea on the 24th to 25th of this month. So try and plan not to come in on those two days But other than that I think I will be able to make it OK. Well I guess this is enough of the Bull slinging soooooooo
Bye Bye
Battlebrain

No comments:

Post a Comment